Quick Post Navigation
The Adjustable mesh fly vest is a fly vest you can trust, rip stop materials, 2 waterproof pockets, and adjustable side straps for comfort.
Materials are of a strong quality to aid the lifetime of the vest, well thought out construction with anglers in mind.
There are many vests on the market for twice the price and not nearly as good or comfortable.
Overall, we have to say this vest is worth more than the actual price that we see it on sale for.
Why the need for a Fly Vest?
It may sound like an essential garment for an experienced angler but it’s always surprising how many people new to the sport ignore the advantages of a quality fishing vest.
No matter what style of fishing you engage in a quality vest with plenty of pockets and excellent comfort can make a huge difference in enjoying the day.
Having all equipment immediately on hand is quite simply a massive convenience that saves constantly needing to replenish bait, tackle and so on from your fishing crates.
Plenty of novice anglers may question the need of a fly fishing vest – after all they may be intending on just settling down by the lake in their deckchairs right next to their supplies.
Then when they get out there fishing for the first time they’ll rue not having picked up such a simple but experience enhancing piece of equipment.
You see even when fishing by a static camp fact of the matter is that having everything on hand even just a few feet away can make all the difference in successful fishing.
When you know that catch is near, the last thing any angler wants is to be getting away from the water even for just a moment.
This adjustable mesh fly fishing vest courtesy of AnglaTech is one of the best examples of how a quality garment ought to be designed.
Featuring not just plenty of high quality pockets, it’s also been designed in an adjustable way that ensures a comfortable fit for any user.
It’s a truly unisex garment that is perfect for men and women of any size to enjoy their time out angling.
In this review we’ll examine what makes this fly fishing vest such a great option – and why with a little care it’ll last a lifetime.
- Entirely fresh redesign for 2016 incorporating existing customer feedback and requests.
- Highly adjustable straps for maximum comfort. This product will fit all shapes and sizes.
- Top quality materials designed from RipStop nylon and superb breathability and airflow.
- Dual waterproof pockets that offer protection for portable electronics and security for watches, jewelry, keys and other such valuables.
- Chest mounted drink/bottle holder.
- Stylish unisex design that will stand the test of time!
- The design and materials used in this fishing vest really should last for many years. The straps are designed to be extremely strong and tear resistant. Suitable for all kinds of fishing expeditions and environments.
- Mesh allows for excellent airflow and comfort. This is a rare example of a heavy duty, seriously high quality fishing vest that allows for maximum ventilation. An excellent choice for any angler who regularly fishes in warm or exposed locations.
- The pockets are instinctively accessible and offer plenty of space to hold all the sundries needed for a full day of fishing. Left breast side drink holder is a nice inclusion and will be a serious advantage for those needing to use waterproof waders on a frequent basis.
- This is a real ‘anglers vest’ that has been designed following feedback and market research with those who really know their angling. It’s not been thrown together in a factory without due care, it’s a new model perfectly suited to the needs of any contemporary angler.
- Two waterproof pockets large enough to hold cell phones, gps and any other electrical goods or valuables. This is often an overlooked necessity for a modern angler, especially those who combine fishing with hiking.
- Overall build quality is of the highest order. Sturdy zips, excellent machine stitching that adds even further reliability to this otherwise surprisingly lightweight fly fishing vest.
- While it’s not uncommon to find fishing vests much more expensive this still represents a modest outlay for a garment that can be picked up for very little in most sports stores. You get what you pay for – but some casual anglers may consider such a garment a luxury.
- It’s important to pack the vest carefully so it does not become too lopsided or feel overly bulky. As it is highly adjustable this may not be an issue for many but anglers who like to carry a great amount of materials on their person may find their vest affecting their casting. This is easily remedied with more suitable packing, but may be an issue to a few.
- It may feel unusual to veteran anglers! Make no mistake this is a high tech design that will feel very different to anglers used to their traditional style khaki angling vests.